Friday, January 1, 2010
Spent an hour or so working on the table saw. When the garage flooded a few weeks ago I guess the humidity in the air caused the saw top to oxidize a little. There was a fine dusting of rust. So, I took some time and washed it down with mineral spirits and a scotch pad to get the rust off. Then I applied a nice coat of paste wax and buffed it out. Now the top is slick and ready to cut wood!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Looks like it's going to be a quilt rack for my sister in law. Right now, I'm going to try and make it out of poplar, and stain it with pecan stain. If the poplar does not work, then I'll switch to maple. I'm using a plan I found on Lowes' website. I've attached a pic of my Sketchup model. I'm going to give wedge tenons a shot.