Here's the quilt rack with roundovers. I made the choice to leave part of the rails square. I think it looks kind of neat with the little "lambs tongue". So now we're ready to do some more sanding and then a coat of shellac in the morning.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Sunday, February 28, 2010
So I decided to give the repair a shot. I'm glad I did. Now, I know that it's not an astonishing fix, and that it's kinda rough around the edges, but it's my first repair for this kind of thing. This is the best side, the other side will be covered by the rails. I plan on using some wood putty to fill the cracks, so I'll get to learn from that too. I spent the rest of the morning shaping the sides with the sander and disc sanded everything.