Once I knew everything was looking ok, I decided it was time to taper the legs. To do that easily I needed to build a tapering jig. So I did. I leveraged the idea from The Woodwhisperer's Guild tapering jig video. The difference is that Marc used a rail to guide his jig, where I just used the fence. It worked well for me. In all the excitement, I forgot to take a picture of the tapered legs. Hopefully, I'll have the glue up done soon, and I'll post a pic then.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Shaker table aprons, dry fit, tapered legs...
Quick update on the weekend's progress. I finished all mortise and tenons for the legs and aprons and conducted a dry fit. Some of the mortises were a little loose, but I think they'll still work. In all I am proud of the way the table is coming together so far.