Welcome to Woodworker++

This blog is intended to be a journal of my progress as a woodworker. Grab a drink, maybe some popcorn, sit back and enjoy a glimpse into my woodworking projects, both failed and successful. Why should you care what I do, or what I have to say? You shouldn't, but just maybe I can keep you from making the same mistakes that I had to learn the hard way.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Porter Cable router

I got to use my new Porter Cable 690 router. I cut a stop dado in the sides of the cabinet to hold the bottom. My dad gave me a Skil router a year or so ago. He said he didn't need it anymore. It works for what I had used it for in the past, but it was time to upgrade. It's true that my PC router is fixed base, but I plan on getting a plunge base soon enough. The difference between the two routers is amazing. After I had made the dado with the PC I looked at the Skil and literally thought, "FAIL". Hence the pic.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: